Start here. Go anywhere.
The following transfer programs are available at CGCC for 2022-2023:
Steps to Transfer
Your educational plan may require that you transfer to another college or university. Careful planning is needed to insure that you meet admissions requirements and take transferable courses. Academic Advisors can help.
- Take a wide variety of subjects and career possibilities to discover what interests you most.
- If you are transferring credits in from another college, ask your academic advisor to take those classes into account when helping you schedule and follow CGCC's guidelines for transferring credit in.
- Identify your planned major as soon as you can, and work with your CGCC academic advisor to define which classes fit best into that path.
- Once you decide what your major may be after transferring, try to identify colleges that will allow you to pursue that goal and move on to step 2.
- Review websites of schools you are interested in.
- Consider relevant factors like: majors offered, location, size, online or in-person, cost, and scholarship availability.
- Look at the Transfer College Information page on CGCC's website to see transfer tools for Oregon's public universities, and for several other schools CGCC partners with.
- Gather application information: applications, deadlines, contacts.
- Attend Oregon Transfer Days to meet with advisors and representatives from other schools on CGCC's campus in The Dalles (annual event).
- Once you have selected a school, move on to step 3.
- Check all admissions requirements and deadlines.
- Meet with a transfer specialist or advisor from that school.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges attended. You may request official CGCC transcripts be sent to you, or directly to your college of choice.
- Coordinate your change with academic advisors from both schools, and the financial aid office for both schools.
You cannot receive financial aid from more than one school at the same time unless you have a consortium agreement, so make sure to end your aid at CGCC when your aid is scheduled to begin at your transfer school.