Official Transcript Information

A transcript is a copy of a student's permanent academic record at Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) including all courses taken, all grades received, and all degrees and certificates conferred. To be considered official, most colleges, universities, and employers require transcripts to be submitted in the original sealed envelope or via an electronic transfer system compatible with both schools.

Official transcripts from CGCC

To order your official CGCC transcript please login to MyCGCC and click on "Request Official Transcript" under "Additional Resources." The form may be faxed, emailed or mailed. If you are unable to access your account, please call (541) 506-6011 for assistance.

There is no fee for ordering official transcripts, unless the student requests rush handling.

Requests are processed in the order received. Please allow additional time during peak periods, such as the start of registration, final grade posting and degree posting.

To see how credits may transfer to other schools, please see CGCC's information on transferring to a 4-year college or university.

NOTICE Prior to Fall 2013: Please be aware that as of Fall 2013, CGCC obtained independent accreditation and is no longer connected to Portland Community College (PCC). Classes taken prior to Fall 2013 will be recorded at PCC, and official transcripts for that time period may need to be ordered from PCC. Classes taken at CGCC through PCC during that time period will appear on CGCC official transcripts as transfer credit.

Requesting Rush Transcript

The fee is $30 for rush ordering and may be obtained the day they are ordered.

In Person: go to The Dalles Student Services Office, pay the fee and submit the request form (printed from MyCGCC). Your transcripts will be ready within 30 minutes.

Faxed: Once we receive the form (printed from MyCGCC) via fax, CGCC will process payment then process request. Fax request to (54) 298-3104, call (541) 506-6011 to confirm order was received.

Unofficial transcripts

To view an unofficial transcript which includes grades and academic history, a student will login to MyCGCC. On the MyCGCC Resources Menu, select "View Unofficial Transcript." You can print an unofficial transcript from the website for your convenience.

Transcripts sent from other colleges to CGCC

CGCC will accept transferred credits, where applicable, from other regionally accredited institutions, some military credits, and some other programs. For a description of all types of accepted credits, please view the college catalog or contact the Registrar. All transcripts and other records submitted, filed and accumulated in the Registrar's Office become the property of the College.  The address to send official transcripts is: Columbia Gorge Community College, Registrar's Office, 400 East Scenic Dr., The Dalles OR  97058

Foreign Transcripts

To receive transfer credit for courses taken in a foreign country, you need to have the transcripts and any available course descriptions translated into English and evaluated.

Most transfer credits accepted from foreign institutions will be used as electives. If course descriptions are supplied and content is clear, the credit may be used to meet other requirements. All decisions made by the Student Records office are final.

  • Have your transcript(s) and course descriptions translated into English. A fee (approx. $65+) is required for this service. (See list of local translation services below.)
  • Have your translated transcript(s) and course descriptions evaluated, following the appropriate instructions below.

Evaluation Services and Steps

  1. Send your translated transcript(s) and course descriptions to a credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (See Credential Evaluation Services below.)
  2. A fee (approx. $120-$140) is required for this service. Be sure to request a "Course-By-Course Detail" evaluation and have an official copy sent to:
    Columbia Gorge Community College
    Registrar's Office
    400  East Scenic Dr
    The Dalles, OR 97058
  3. Once the evaluation has been received by the Registrar’s Office, an evaluation of transfer credit will be reviewed and any coursework that meets requirements will be articulated and appear in the student record.

Translation Services (costs est. $65)

CTS Language Link
911 Main Street, Suite 300, Vancouver, WA 98660
Phone: 360-433-0422, Fax: (360) 693-9292, Email:

Telelanguage, Inc.
514 SW 6th Avenue, 4th Floor | Portland, OR 97204
Phone: 503-535-2178, Contact: Jen Nimon-Toki, Email:

Credential Evaluation Services

You can choose from a list of credential evaluation services and request an application by visiting the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Visit the NACES Current Members pagefor a listing of service providers.