College Now Parent & Guardians
College Now is a fantastic dual credit opportunity that allows high school students to take college classes from their teachers, without leaving their high school campus. College Now students also pay only $60 per class, while regular tuition costs $119 per credit (2023-24.)
Information and Guides
Step 1: Apply
- All students must apply to CGCC. This only needs to be done once, so students who have taken College Now courses in the past, do not need to apply again.
- The application is located here: https://form.jotform.com/232564564150151
Step 2: Register
- Students will register for classes during the term that align with when the class ends. For example, a HST203 class may start in September but end in June. This means the student will register for CGCC's Spring term (ending in June).
- Students will use the same process as degree-seeking students, navigating the CGCC Student Portal to select each course.
- Registration takes place at http://my.cgcc.edu and there are several guides listed below under Resources. Students can also find these at https://www.cgcc.edu/cn
- Parent/Guardian Permission Form - Required once per student. The form only needs to be signed once and it is valid for the remainder of the student's high school career.
- Sophomore Exception Form - College Now is only open to Juniors and Seniors, but Sophomores can also earn college credit if they have submitted a signed Sophomore Exception Form.
- Applying, Registering, and Other Info - A set of slides that will guide students through College Now processes and help parents understand how College Now works.
- College Now Parent/Guardian Permission Form - All students must submit a permission form before they can earn college credit.
- College Now Quick Guide - For Students and Parents/Guardians.
Frequently Asked Questions
Step 1: Apply
Students must first apply to CGCC using the Non Degree-Seeking application here.
Students only need to apply once, so they are encouraged to check with CGCC if they think they may have applied in the past! Applying multiple times can lead to duplicate accounts and transcript issues.
This process can take up to two weeks. Once the application has been fully processed, the student will receive their password in their high school email. This will be used to log into the student portal at https://my.cgcc.edu
Step 2: Register for Classes
Each term, College Now students will register for classes that are available at their high school. Using the provided College Now login information, students will log into the Student Portal at https://my.cgcc.edu and navigate to Academics and then Registration. More information about registration and a step-by-step guide can be found at https://www.cgcc.edu/cn
Permission Form: All College Now students must submit a College Now Permission Form once during their high school career. The form is available at https://www.cgcc.edu/cnpermission and can be done on most mobile devices. There is also a PDF and print-out version available.
Sophomore by Exception Form: College Now is only open to Juniors and Seniors, but Sophomores can receive credit by submitting a Sophomore by Exception form before registering for the class. Sophomores must also submit the Permission Form mentioned above.
College Now costs $60 per class. This means that a student can take WR121Z and HST201 for $120. That's 8 credits (typically over $1000 in tuition) for only $120.
The student is responsible for paying for College Now tuition. Some schools may cover College Now fees, but it is the student's responsibility to confirm this with school counselors and administration.
If you are asking a general question about the College Now program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact the College Now Coordinator at email@example.com.
If you are asking a question about a College Now student, CGCC employees cannot typically share that information. Federal law (FERPA) requires CGCC to hold education records confidential unless the student signs a release or other specific requirements are met. This includes students under 18 years of age. You can read more about FERPA here.
CGCC employees cannot typically share that information. Federal law (FERPA) requires CGCC to hold education records confidential unless the student signs a release or other specific requirements are met. This includes students under 18 years of age. You can read more about FERPA here.
College Now credit is CGCC credit, which is transferable to all colleges and universities. Every college has a right to articulate the credit to fit their academic requirements. However, CGCC students do not experience significant challenges transferring our college credit.
Colleges in Oregon and Washington have online guides that students can use to research future transferability.
The following guides do not guarantee transfer.
- Oregon State Universities
- Washington State Universities
If you have any questions about transferring, contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.