Web Design Assistant
Web Design Assistant
Certificate of Completion: 39 credits. Advising Guide
The Web Design Assistant provides foundational training in the principles of web design and the creation of computer graphics. This one-year certificate is designed to prepare students in entry-level web site design duties such as the design, creation and modification of graphics. Students are prepared to assist web designers with editing graphics on existing web pages and creating or designing graphics for specific customer web pages.
Course of Study
The Web Design Assistant is a stand-alone certificate; however, it is closely related to and shares several courses with the Web Development Assistant certificate. Upon completion of either certificate, students may choose to complete the other certificate by taking five additional required courses, preparing them to perform the tasks of a well-rounded web assistant versed in both development and design. Students must also meet general certificate requirements.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Provide basic design support for existing websites in the workplace
- Be prepared for entry-level jobs in the area of web design
- Apply website design skills in a business environment to assist in the creation and maintenance of websites following current professional and/or industry standards.
- Use critical thinking skills to identify key web design issues.
- Placement into MTH 65 Beginning Algebra (4 credits) or MTH 98 Quantitative Math (4 credits) or equivalent placement
- WR 115 Expository Writing (4 credits) or IRW 115 Critical Reading and Writing (5 credits) or equivalent placement
Sequence shown is a recommended plan for full-time enrollment. Scheduling requirements may prevent all courses from being offered every term. Students must meet with an academic advisor to map their specific degree plan.
|CAS 108 Beginning Photoshop
|WT 101 Introduction to Web Design & Development
|WT 102 Social Media Marketing
|WT 105 Writing for the Web
|WT 106 Intro to HTML for Designers
|CAS 181 Web Content Management
|CAS 230 Design Principles
|CAS 231 Desktop Publishing
|CIS 120 Computer Concepts I
|WT 200 Web Trends
|CG 209 Job Finding Skills
|BA 207 Introduction to E-Commerce
|CAS 208 Intermediate Photoshop
|WT 235 Graphic Design
|Computer Application Systems (CAS)
|Web Technologies (WT)
|Business Administration (BA)
|Computer Information Systems (CIS)
|College Guidance & Success (CG)