A transcript is a copy of a student's permanent academic record at Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) including all courses taken, all grades received, and all degrees and certificates conferred. To be considered official, most colleges, universities, and employers require transcripts to be submitted in the original sealed envelope or via an electronic transfer system compatible with both schools.

Official transcript from CGCC

(see notice below regarding classes taken prior to Fall term 2013**)

To request an official transcript, students must complete a Transcript Request Form PDF. The completed form MUST be signed by the student if sent from a personal email. If the form is sent from your current student email then a signature is not required.

Unofficial transcripts

(see notice below regarding classes taken prior to Fall term 2013**)

Current students: if you have access to the MyCGCC student portal you can view and print an unofficial copy from the student portal. When you log in you will click on the Academics link, then click on the Unofficial Transcript link and a PDF version will be generated. 

Former students: If you do not have access to our student portal and need a copy please send an email to studentservices@cgcc.edu with the following information: Current Name (Previous name if applicable).  CGCC Student ID number (if known), Date of Birth, Mailing address and Phone number stating you would like an Unofficial copy of your transcript. A copy will be mailed via USPS mail. Due to privacy laws we are unable to email student record information to personal emails.

Official Transcript Processing

  • There is no fee for ordering official transcripts, unless the student requests rush handling.
  • Requests are processed in the order received.
  • It may take up to 10 business days to process regular requests. 
  • Please allow additional time during peak periods, such as the start of registration, final grade posting and degree posting. 
  • All official transcripts are MAILED. At this time CGCC does not have the capability to email official transcripts.

To see how credits may transfer to other schools, please see CGCC's information on transferring to a 4-year college or university.

**NOTICE Prior to Fall 2013: Please be aware that as of Fall 2013, CGCC obtained independent accreditation and is no longer connected to Portland Community College (PCC). Classes taken prior to Fall 2013 will be recorded at PCC, and official/unofficial transcripts for that time period will need to be ordered from PCC. Classes taken at CGCC through PCC during that time period will NOT appear on CGCC transcripts. 

Requesting Rush Transcript

The fee is $30 for rush ordering and may be obtained the day they are ordered. Rush transcripts are processed Monday - Thursday until 3:00 PM. If received after 3:00 PM they will be processed the next business day (Except Fridays).

  • In Person: Completed forms can be brought to the Student Services Office at The Dalles Campus (building 3). We can accept Rush orders Monday-Thursday 9:00 am-12:30 pm and 1:30 pm-3:00 pm.  Once the Rush fee has been collected your transcipt(s) will be ready within 30 minutes.
  • Faxed: Once we receive the form via fax, CGCC will process the payment then process requests. Fax requests to (541) 298-3104. It is recommend to call (541) 506-6011 option 2 to confirm order was received.
  • Emailed: When emailing Rush transcripts you must list in the Subject Line of the email "Rush Transcipt" in order to guarantee rush processing. Email to: transcripts@cgcc.edu
  • Mailed: Please address to the following: CGCC, Attn: Student Services, 400 East Scenic Dr, The Dalles, OR 97058

Transcripts sent from other colleges to CGCC

CGCC will accept transferred credits, where applicable, from other regionally accredited institutions, some military credits, and some other programs. For a description of all types of accepted credits, please view the college catalog or contact the Registrar. All transcripts and other records submitted, filed and accumulated in the Registrar's Office become the property of the College. 

The address to mail official transcripts is: Columbia Gorge Community College, Registrar's Office, 400 East Scenic Dr., The Dalles OR  97058

The email address to send electronic transcipts is: transcripts@cgcc.edu

Foreign Transcripts

To receive transfer credit for courses taken in a foreign country, you need to have the transcripts and any available course descriptions translated into English and evaluated.

Most transfer credits accepted from foreign institutions will be used as electives. If course descriptions are supplied and content is clear, the credit may be used to meet other requirements. All decisions made by the Student Records office are final.

  • Have your transcript(s) and course descriptions translated into English. A fee (approx. $65+) is required for this service. (See list of local translation services below.)
  • Have your translated transcript(s) and course descriptions evaluated, following the appropriate instructions below.

Evaluation Services and Steps

  1. Send your translated transcript(s) and course descriptions to a credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (See Credential Evaluation Services below.)
  2. A fee (approx. $120-$140) is required for this service. Be sure to request a "Course-By-Course Detail" evaluation and have an official copy sent to:
    Columbia Gorge Community College
    Registrar's Office
    400  East Scenic Dr
    The Dalles, OR 97058
  3. Once the evaluation has been received by the Registrar’s Office, an evaluation of transfer credit will be reviewed and any coursework that meets requirements will be articulated and appear in the student record.

Translation Services (costs est. $65)

CTS Language Link
911 Main Street, Suite 300, Vancouver, WA 98660
Phone: 360-433-0422, Fax: (360) 693-9292, Email: sales@ctslanguagelink.com

Telelanguage, Inc.
514 SW 6th Avenue, 4th Floor | Portland, OR 97204
Phone: 503-535-2178, Contact: Jen Nimon-Toki, Email: Translations@Telelanguage.net

Credential Evaluation Services

You can choose from a list of credential evaluation services and request an application by visiting the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Visit the NACES Current Members page for a listing of service providers.