Professional Licensure Disclosures
In compliance with the U.S. Department of Education and the Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) for participation in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA), Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) provides information pertaining to professional licensure* in correlation with appropriate CGCC programs.
BEFORE beginning a CGCC program, the following is recommended if you are considering one that leads to professional licensure* with the intent to be licensed within a U.S. state or territory:
- Review the licensure* information provided for the applicable program(s) below;
- Contact the appropriate licensing agency in the U.S. state or territory where licensure* is intended. This will enable you to obtain the most up-to-date information about licensure requirements and confirm how a CGCC program facilitates those requirements.
None of CGCC's programs are formally approved as providing professional licensure* in or outside of Oregon. However, while a program may not be formally approved, it may still meet all or a portion of the "educational" requirements for licensure* in Oregon and/or other U.S. states and territories. Therefore, it may be necessary for you to contact the licensing agency directly to find out if a CGCC program will meet educational requirements as needed.
Additionally, while progressing through any of these programs, we recommended that you check licensing agency requirements regularly to monitor whether they have changed in a manner that impacts your licensure* plans.
To learn more, please review the professional licensure* information provided by selecting the program(s) of interest:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
For additional assistance pertaining to professional licensure disclosure compliance, please contact Susan Lewis, director of accreditation & assessment.
(*) the term licensure relates to any professional license, certificate, certification, or endorsement that may be required for employment in a particular occupation or profession.