- Course Number:
- OS 220
- Transcript Title:
- Business Editing
- Aug 15, 2022
- Aug 15, 2022
- Total Credits:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture / Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement:
- Satisfies General Education requirement:
- Grading Options
- A-F, P/NP, Audit
- Default Grading Options
- Repeats available for credit:
- Proofread documents for correct grammar and word usage for the occasion and setting.
- Use correct punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, and word usage when editing, transcribing, or writing business documents.
- Produce professional documents according to current business standards.
- Use reference resources for research, proofreading and editing.
Suggested Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessments may include: open-ended assignments, journal reflections, self-assessment, professional plan, group projects, and assignments.
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
Themes, Concepts, Issues
- grammar and punctuation rules to business documents
- Apply Use reference materials
- Develop a business vocabulary
- Use proofreader marks when editing
- Produce mailable business documents
- Apply proofreading techniques when creating, editing, or transcribing business documents.
- Consult a reference manual and dictionary to find answers to language usage questions.
- Analyze personal language usage errors.
- Use electronic document editing techniques.