Cooperative Education: Business Experience Seminar
Course Number: BA 280B
Transcript Title: CE: Bus Experience - Sem
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: August 15, 2019
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 10
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F, P-NP (default), audit
Repeats available for credit: 0
Instructor permission required
Supplements on-the-job experience through feedback sessions, instruction in job-related areas, and linkages to the student's on-campus program. Co-requisite: BA 280A Prerequisite: Instructor permission required.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare a portfolio for job seeking, potentially to include a resume,answers to popular job interview questions, a cover letter, job search plan, and/or other job seeking resources.
- Write a job description.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems at work.
- Apply time management skills.
- Apply appropriate on-the-job stress management techniques.
- Evaluate how the field experience relates to one's personal assessment of career choice.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment may include: performance in class seminar evaluation, journaling, reports, class participation and assignments.
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Workplace maturity skills (time management, dealing with workplace stress and problems)
- Writing a resume
- Writing job descriptions