Cooperative Education: Business Experience
- Course Number:
- BA 280A
- Transcript Title:
- CE: Business Experience
- Jul 27, 2022
- Aug 17, 2022
- Total Credits:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture / Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement:
- Satisfies General Education requirement:
- Grading Options
- A-F, P/NP, Audit
- Default Grading Options
- Repeats available for credit:
Completion of 12 BA credits and instructor permission
Provides relevant field experience in business environments and disciplines such as: accounting, finance, human resources, information technology, international business, and marketing, procurement, management, and/or customer services. Allows exploration of career options. Course may be repeated for credit up to 12 credits. Student is responsible for arranging field experience site by start of term. Prerequisite: Completion of 12 BA credits and instructor permission. Prerequisite/concurrent: BA 280B.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Write learning objectives for their subsequent field experience plan.
- Understand the skills and demands of chosen field.
- Explore career field of choice.
- Apply knowledge and job skills acquired to become more employable.
Suggested Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Evaluations of student on-the-job performance is to be conducted according to the following plan:
- Student self-evaluation and follow up.
- Job site supervisor evaluation and follow up.
- Instructor/supervisor/student conference(s) reviewing the student's self-evaluation and the supervisor's evaluation.
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
- Gain work experience in the business field.
- Identify and obtain further training available in student’s selected field.
- Write learning objectives for subsequent learning endeavors.
- Have a practical understanding of the required skills and the demands of their chosen field.
- Further explore the career opportunities.
- Apply concepts and skills acquired to real world employment situations.
This course is best taken during the last term of a student’s degree/certificate program in order for the student to utilize the most knowledge and skills acquired.
Every 30 hours worked per term generates 1 credit. Students must also co-enroll in the BA280B section during the student’s first term in BA280A. Subsequent BA280A enrollments do not require co-enrollment in BA280B.