PASS (Promoting Access to Student Success)
We are here for you!
Sometimes college can be overwhelming. If you find you are struggling academically for any reason, you are encouraged to contact any advisor at CGCC for help. We are here to listen and support you.
The PASS program provides additional support and guidance to help identify what might be keeping you from success, get back on track, and if needed, connect you to other CGCC and/or community resources. It is considered an "early alert" program, acting as a safety net to prevent students from continuing to struggle without support or intervention.
You can refer yourself for assistance, or a faculty member may refer you if he/she feels you can benefit from more personalized support beyond what they are able to provide. Here is a sampling of some of the assistance PASS can provide:
- Time/Organization Management Strategies
- Help with CGCC or Community Resources and Referrals
- Community/Family Support
- Information on college policies, student rights and responsibilities to make the best decision regarding your success in this and other classes
- Test taking strategies
- Student skills/effective study habits
- Assistance in communicating with faculty
- Regular check- in appointments for personal/academic support
- Assistance with enrollment decision-making i.e. drop/withdraw information and consequences
If you are referred by a faculty member, you will be contacted by student services staff shortly by phone and/or CGCC email. If we have not been able to reach you and/or have not received a response from you regarding the referral by the end of the term, your "OK" to register may be removed to ensure that we discuss the referral with you and ensure that any continuing concerns or struggles you have are addressed before or during following terms.
If you would like assistance with any of the tools or strategies listed below, please contact us.