Mission & Core Themes
Become the first option of choice for education and training services in the communities we serve.
Columbia Gorge Community College builds dreams and transforms lives by providing lifelong educational programs that strengthen our community.
- Respect for the Individual
- Community Focus
- Commitment to Learning
The core themes and their objectives collectively encompass the college’s mission. As part of the ongoing cycle of assessment and continual improvement, the college evaluates itself in part based on the attainment of core themes objectives.
Core Theme A: Building Dreams - Access
CGCC offers multiple environments and opportunities for people to grow personal and intellectual skills by:
- Providing a local option for obtaining quality education at an affordable price
- Providing college credit opportunities for high school students
- Serving the diversity of the college’s service area
- Meeting the expectations of CGCC’s student body
Core Theme B: Transforming Lives - Education
CGCC provides learning resources and tools for a sustainable future for individuals by:
- Applying processes that lead to student retention
- Applying processes that lead to student progress, certificate/degree completion, and/or employment
- Ensuring student proficiency in course, program and institutional student learning outcomes
Core Theme C: Strengthen our Communities - Partnerships
CGCC links people and community resources by:
- Cultivating productive business and industry relationships
- Creating, maintaining, and growing community relationships