Become the first option of choice for education and training services in the communities we serve.
Columbia Gorge Community College builds dreams and transforms lives by providing lifelong educational programs that strengthen our community.
- Respect for the Individual
- Community Focus
- Commitment to Learning
The core themes and their objectives collectively encompass the college’s mission. As part of the ongoing cycle of assessment and continual improvement, the college evaluates itself in part based on the attainment of core themes objectives.
Core Theme A: Building Dreams - Access
CGCC offers multiple environments and opportunities for people to grow personal and intellectual skills by:
- Providing a local option for obtaining quality education at an affordable price
- Providing college credit opportunities for high school students
- Serving the diversity of the college’s service area
- Meeting the expectations of CGCC’s student body
Core Theme B: Transforming Lives - Education
CGCC provides learning resources and tools for a sustainable future for individuals by:
- Applying processes that lead to student retention
- Applying processes that lead to student progress, certificate/degree completion, and/or employment
- Ensuring student proficiency in course, program and institutional student learning outcomes
Core Theme C: Strengthen our Communities - Partnerships
CGCC links people and community resources by:
- Cultivating productive business and industry relationships
- Creating, maintaining, and growing community relationships
- Educational Programs and Services: CGCC will provide educational programs and services that meet the needs of our students, the workforce, and the communities we serve.
- Students: CGCC will focus on student development services that enhance lifelong learning by facilitating access to college programs, supporting and recognizing student progress, providing opportunities for students to participate in the growth of the college, celebrating diversity, and promoting achievement of educational goals.
- Faculty and Staff: CGCC will employ and develop a qualified faculty and staff and foster a supportive working and learning environment.
- Community: CGCC will develop and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships and relationships through our communities.
- Leadership, Planning, and Evaluation: CGCC will provide governance and administrative structures through innovative leadership and ongoing planning and evaluation.
- Finance: CGCC will build the institution's financial capability through sound planning and effective use of fiscal resources.
- Operations and Sustainability: CGCC will provide efficient operational processes which support current organizational needs and directions.
- Technology: CGCC will provide the technology and support to optimize the college’s teaching, learning, communication and productivity.
- Facilities: CGCC will provide appropriate institutional facilities which support the achievement of the institution's goals.