Course Number: WT 215
Created: May 7, 2014
Updated: May 21, 2021
Total Credits: 4
Lecture Hours: 30
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 30
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default), P-NP, audit
Repeats available for credit: 0
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use critical thinking skills to apply interactivity to websites.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Texts and Materials
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Coding editor
- Document Object Model (DOM) scripting
- Create effects and animations using jQuery.
- Validate forms
Outcome #2: Use critical thinking skills to apply interactivity to websites.
- jQuery User Interface (UI)
- Arrays to group and process related data
- jQuery plugins and options
- Browser developer tools
- DOM Inspector
- CSS Editor
- CHROME DOM Inspector
- Safari DOM Inspector and style explorer
- Testing and debugging applications.