Digital Marketing Strategies
- Course Number:
- WT 181
- Transcript Title:
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Aug 16, 2022
- Aug 17, 2022
- Total Credits:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture / Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement:
- Satisfies General Education requirement:
- Grading Options
- A-F, P/NP, Audit
- Default Grading Options
- Repeats available for credit:
Examines digital marketing tools and tactics. Explores search engine optimization, analytics, and relationship marketing. Covers research techniques forstaying current with industry standards. Recommended: IRW 115 or WR 115. Audit available.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a digital marketing plan.
- Use relationship marketing to engage customers.
- Apply knowledge of search engine optimization to improve customer reach.
- Use analytics and data to track and analyze performance.
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
Outcome #1: Create a digital marketing plan.
- Content, email, video and mobile marketing
- Writing effective web content
- Content strategy
- Performance marketing
Outcome #2: Use relationship marketing to engage customers.
- Building an online persona/brand
- Social media marketing
Outcome #3: Apply knowledge of search engine optimization to improve customer reach.
Outcome #4: Use analytics and data to track and analyze performance.
- Customer/user experience
- Market analysis
- Paid search
Suggested Texts and Materials
- Understanding Digital Marketing by Damian Ryan
- Digital Marketing by Dave Chaffey, Fiona Ellis-Chadwick
- Digital Marketing Strategy by Simon Kingsnorth
- One Million Followers: How I Built a Massive Social Following in 30 Days by Brendan Kane
- Hook Point: How to Stand Out in a 3 Second World by Brendan Kane