Course Number: PE 185K
Transcript Title: Ultimate Disc
Created: June 3, 2013
Updated: August 13, 2019
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 30
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default), P-NP, audit
Repeats available for credit: 2
Provides instruction in skills, drills and game play for the game of Ultimate Disc. Covers rules, strategy team play as well as concepts of team organization. Each student provides appropriate sport clothing for activity – sport shoes or rubber cleats required. Audit available.
- Improve lifelong fitness skills.
- Apply the value and benefits of Ultimate Disc, encompassed by the spirit of the game, to include respect, integrity, responsibility, leadership and teamwork.
- Use skills, terminology and techniques for game play.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Physical skill assessments
- Written exams
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Warm up and cool down
- Fundamental skills of Ultimate Frisbee
- Play/game strategies
- Safety concepts
- Fundamental, rules, terminology and sportsmanship