Course Number: PE 183Q
Transcript Title: Kajukenbo
Created: May 8, 2017
Updated: July 10, 2019
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F, P-NP (default), audit
Repeats available for credit: 2
- Demonstrate basic hand techniques and kicks.
- Demonstrate grappling takedowns, escapes, and submissions.
- Demonstrate attacks and defenses with a stick.
- Apply strategies for manitaining lifelong health and fitness.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Skill assessment, practical exams, safety and etiquette.
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Warm-up, stretching and cool-down techniques
- Basic hand techniques and kicks
- Grappling take downs, escapes, submissions
- Reflex, strengh, mvement, dexterity, agility, and conditioning drills
- History, philosophy, and culture of kajukenbo