10-key for Business
Course Number: OS 131
Transcript Title: 10-key for Business
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: August 20, 2019
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lecture / Lab Hours: 20
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F, P-NP (default), audit
Repeats available for credit: 0
MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores
Develops 10-Key skills by touch with an emphasis on speed and accuracy. Covers the use of electronic printing calculators to solve business and mathematical problems. Prerequisite: MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use proper finger placement on the keypad.
- Enter numbers by touch for speed and accuracy in computation.
- Use electronic printing calculators as efficient business tools.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessments may include: timed performance tests, projects, open-ended assignments, journal reflections, self-assessment, professional plan, group projects, and assignments.
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
- Proper finger placement
- Subtotal and total
- Constant multiplication, constant division
- Grand total
- Memory plus, memory minus, memory subtotal, and memory total
- Decimal settings
- Item count
- Key addition speed at 120 correct digits per minute (7200 digits per hour) by touch with no errors
- Solve problems using addition and subtraction
- Solve problems using the subtotal and total
- Solve problems using multiplication
- Solve problems using division
- Solve problems using constant multiplication, constant division
- Solve problems using grand total
- Solve problems using memory plus, memory minus, memory subtotal, and memory total
- Solve problems using percent
- Solve problems using equal, equal minus, equal plus
- Solve problems using decimal settings
- Solve problems using item count