Practicum Seminar 2
- Course Number:
- ECE 130C
- Transcript Title:
- Practicum Seminar 2
- Aug 09, 2022
- Aug 09, 2022
- Total Credits:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture / Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement:
- Satisfies General Education requirement:
- Grading Options
- Default Grading Options
- Repeats available for credit:
Improve and strengthen advanced intermediate skills for supporting the total development of children, ages birth to 5 years, focusing on the role of the teacher in fundamental curriculum and environment development for an early childhood education program. Prerequisite: 130B. Corequisite: ECE 135.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Collect and represent documentation of standard achievement as specified in the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
- Use the knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired in pre‐and co‐requisite coursework to discuss working with children.
- Integrate knowledge of child development and learning; family and community relationships; observation, documentation, and assessment; developmentally effective approaches; the use of content to build meaningful curriculum; and professionalism.
Suggested Outcome Assessment Strategies
Review collected materials for a professional portfolio documenting achievement of the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
- Integrating knowledge of child development and learning
- Family and community relationships
- Observation, documentation, and assessment
- Developmentally effective approaches
- The use of content to build meaningful curriculum
NAEYC Professional Standards & Competencies for Early Childhood Educators:
#6 - Professionalism as an Early Childhood Educator
Oregon Registry Core Knowledge Categories:
PPLD - Personal, Professional & Leadership Development (10 hours)