- Course Number:
- Transcript Title:
- Today's Careers
- Jul 27, 2022
- Jul 27, 2022
- Total Credits:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture / Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement:
- Satisfies General Education requirement:
- Grading Options
- A-F, P/NP, Audit
- Default Grading Options
- Repeats available for credit:
Explores careers and what it takes to succeed in them using a variety of personal inventories. Develops a plan for next steps in career exploration. Audit available.
Suggested Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Complete personal inventories and correlate them with specific occupations.
- Conduct and report on an informational interview.
- Write a research paper about a specific occupation of interest
- Develop a resume.
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
- Identify personal interests and skills to gather information about relevant career fields.
- Understand how to access current career information through online and print resources.
- Interpret wage and employment outlook information.
- Synthesize acquired information to create an action plan for the future career and educations steps.
- Conduct informational interviews.
- Critical thinking.
- Effective written and oral communications.
Concepts, Themes, Issues
The contextualized networks of meaning students must understand in order to demonstrate the performance tasks and achieve the outcomes.
- Occupational trends
- World of work
- Process of occupational research
- Labor market
- Informational interviewing