Aviation Maintenance: Powerplant Return to Service
- Course Number:
- AMT 282
- Transcript Title:
- Aviation Maintenance: Powerplant Return to Service
- Jul 26, 2022
- Jun 29, 2023
- Total Credits:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture / Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement:
- Satisfies General Education requirement:
- Grading Options
- A-F, Audit
- Default Grading Options
- Repeats available for credit:
Provides diversified projects, supervised field experiences and FAA examination review for Powerplant operations. Prerequisite: AMT 274. Audit available.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Utilize the skills that are expected of those entering the aviation maintenance industry as a certified Aircraft Mechanic with an Powerplant rating.
- Make independent and accurate airworthiness judgments appropriate to Powerplant Subject Area content.
- When eligible, competently sit for the FAA written, oral and practical certification testing.
Suggested Outcome Assessment Strategies
Evaluations by exams, quizzes, lab and practical work.
Course Activities and Design
The determination of teaching strategies used in the delivery of outcomes is generally left to the discretion of the instructor. Here are some strategies that you might consider when designing your course: lecture, small group/forum discussion, flipped classroom, dyads, oral presentation, role play, simulation scenarios, group projects, service learning projects, hands-on lab, peer review/workshops, cooperative learning (jigsaw, fishbowl), inquiry based instruction, differentiated instruction (learning centers), graphic organizers, etc.
Outcome #1: Utilize the skills that are expected of those entering the aviation maintenance industry as a certified Aircraft Mechanic with an Powerplant rating.
- Inspect and repair sheet metal structures
- Assemble aircraft component
- Understand hydraulic and pneumatic power systems.
- Identify elements of fuel systems
Outcome #2: Make independent and accurate airworthiness judgments appropriate to Powerplant Subject Area content.
- Perform airframe conformity and airworthiness inspections
- Inspect, adjust, repair, replace, assemble and/or rig aircraft
- Identify manufacturer engine service resources
- Research FAA airworthiness requirements
- Read and interpret service information and airworthiness requirements for application