A note regarding the 2020 coronavirus pandemic: During this time, our communities are experiencing an unprecedented challenge. Some of the regular resources below may not be accessible at this time, but CGCC has endeavored to keep it up to date. Please call any agency before visiting in person. If you have questions or concerns, you may contact Student Services at email@example.com or by calling (541) 506-6011, option 2 in The Dalles, or (541) 308-8211 in Hood River.
- Assistance for seniors
- Assistance for people with developmental and physical disabilities
- Child Welfare Office
- Housing Services
- Oregon Health Plan
- Refugee Services
- SNAP (food stamps)
- TANF (cash for famiies)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Office
211 Info Community Resources - Dial 211 or text 898211
Information on social services and resources in the Gorge area.
Provided by Aunt Bertha
Counseling Services and Helplines
- Mid Columbia Center for Living (The Dalles) (541) 296-5452, (Hood River) (541) 386-2620
- Substance Abuse Treatment Resources
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-TALK (8255)
- Students may contact the Student Support Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Student Services at 541-506-6000, option 2.
- Looking for a Therapist? Use search feature through Therapy in the Gorge locally or the national website Psychology Today.
Employment and Transportation
- Work Source Oregon - The Dalles (541) 296-5435 ext. 234
- Work Source Oregon - Hood River (541) 386-6300
- Oregon Employment Department (541) 386-6020
- Gorge TransLink Bus (541) 296-7595
- Columbia Area Transit (CAT) Bus (541) 386-4202
Food and Clothing
- Chinook Campus Pantry at CGCC (The Dalles) is open in Building 4 every Wednesday and Thursday from 2 pm until 5 pm or the last customer is served. Email for more information email@example.com
- SNAP program eligibility requirements have been adjusted and students are encouraged to apply.
- Summer Meals Map - families can find information for school districts and other locations providing meals during the pandemic.
- FISH Food Bank (Hood River) (541) 386-FISH (3474)
- Mid-Columbia Community Action Council (multiple services) (541) 298-5131
- Salvation Army (541) 296-6417
- St. Vincent de Paul (541) 296-9566
Housing and Shelters
- Columbia Gorge and Mid-Columbia Housing Authority (888) 356-8919
- HAVEN (domestic violence) (800) 249-4789
- Helping Hands Against Violence (domestic violence) (541) 386-6603
- Mid-Columbia Community Action Council (541) 298-5131
Medical, Financial, and Legal Assistance
- One Community Health (La Clinica del Carino) (541) 296-4610
- Oregon Health Plan (800) 359-9517
- North Central Public Health District (serving Wasco, Sherman and Gilliam Counties) (541) 506-2600
- iGrad.com - Financial Literacy Tool (for CGCC students)
- Consumer Credit Counseling (800) 634-2227
- Legal Aid Services of Oregon (800) 228-6958
- Immigration Counseling Services (503) 221-1689