Training & Conferences
Training (in English y Español) & Conferences
Here at Child Care Partners we provide quality training opportunities that will support your professional development needs.
Register: Contact Student Services to register and pay by phone. Call (541) 506-6011 option 2.
Online Live - You will need to access it from your home as it features a single trainer and multiple sites are connected at the same time. You will receive an email on the day of the training session with instructions on how to log into the training. When registering, please provide an active email address.
Questions? Call Child Care Partners at (541) 506-6131 for more information.
Professional Communication Within the World of Child Care
Thursday, February 24th, 6pm – 9pm
Location: Online Live
Description: Program staff and leaders within child care will examine professional communication skills and explore ways to implement these strategies in their child care and professional life when interacting with colleagues, parents and community partners.
Core Knowledge Category: Program Managment (PM)
Instructor: M. Wurst
Introduction to Registered Family Child Care- Part Two (IRFCC)
Wednesday, March 2nd, 6pm – 9pm
- Location: Online Live
- Description: STOP- Please Note. There are two parts to Introduction to Registered Family Child Care (IRF). You can register for Part 2 after you have completed IRF Part 1 online class located at http://campus.educadium.com/OCCD/. This must be completed first! The Introduction to Registered Family Child Care Part Two is the required in-person training you must attend after completing the online IRF Part One to become a provider. This free class provides you with a rule book, resources to help you be successful in your new business, information about the role of Child Care Resource & Referral, what quality child care looks like and much more. You must pre-register.
- Core Knowledge Category: Program Managment (PM)
- Set: 1
- Instructor: B. Massie & N. Ochoa
- Cost: FREE
Compassionate Communication: Mastering Communication from Your Heart and Mind
Tuesday, March 8th, 6pm – 9pm
- Location: Online Live
- Description: Within this training professionals will develop empathetic communication strategies to remain compassionate when in high stress situations. Leaders will leave confident in their ability to align their head and heart when communicating in their child care and professional life.
- Core Knowledge Category: Personal, Professional & Leadership Development (PPLD)
- Set: 2
- Instructor: C. Bowen
- Cost: $20.00
T2T: Desde Niños Pequeños a Adolescentes
Miércoles, 9 de Marzo, 6–9pm
- Ubicación: Vivo En Línea
Descripción: Sabemos que cuidar a un niño y el coordinar a nuestra familia es un trabajo importante y el más difícil. T2T fomenta la promoción de la alfabetización emocional a través del lente de una conexión segura. Cada participante recibirá un equipo de herramientas del programa T2T. Acompáñenos a identificar y entender que los sentimientos son reales y lo que podemos hacer con ellos puede ser la gran diferencia. Esta clase en Nivel Uno en Crecimiento y Desarrollo Humano (HGD).
- La Categoría de Conocimiento Central: Crecimiento y Desarrollo Humano (HGD)
- Nivel: 1
- Instructor: N. Ochoa & M. Pena
- Costo: $20.00
Our field is always changing and so is our understanding on how children learn and grow! Attend local and statewide conferences to keep up to date on new research and practices in the Early Childhood and Education field.
Follow the links below to learn more about what is being offered for your professional growth!
Journey to the Stars
Columbia Gorge Community College
The Dalles, OR
POSTPONED - New Date To Be Determined
Keynote: Melinda Benson