Practicum Seminar 2
Course Number: ECE 130B
Transcript Title: Practicum Seminar 2
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: April 3, 2015
Total Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 20
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default)
Repeats available for credit: 0
Approved delivery mode: Face-to-Face
Reviews skills necessary for supporting the total development of children, ages 6 weeks to 6 years, focusing on the role of the teacher in implementing a developmental program of early childhood education in two interdependent components: seminar and practicum. Prerequisite: ECE 130A. Corequisite: ECE 134.
- Collect and represent documentation of standard achievement as specified in the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
- Use the knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired in pre‐and co‐requisite coursework to discuss working with children.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Review collected materials for a professional portfolio documenting achievement of the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
Course Activities and Design
- Actively participate in seminar discussions and activities.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Integrating knowledge of child development and learning
- Family and community relationships
- Observation, documentation, and assessment
- Developmentally effective approaches
- The use of content to build meaningful curriculum