Practicum Seminar 1
Course Number: ECE 130A
Transcript Title: Practicum Seminar 1
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: April 3, 2015
Total Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 20
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default), P-NP, audit
Repeats available for credit: 0
Approved delivery mode: Face-to-Face
Reviews skills necessary for supporting the total development of children, ages 6 weeks to 6 years, focusing on the role of the teacher in implementing a developmental program of early childhood education in two interdependent components: seminar and practicum. Prerequisites: ECE 120, ECE 121. Corequisite: ECE 133.
- Collect and represent basic documentation of standard achievement as specified in the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Actively participate in seminar discussions and activities.
- Develop a Competency Portfolio which documents their completion of the competencies for Practicum 1 and 2.
- Complete a progress journal.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Students will reflect on and discuss the skills and abilities relating to:
- Personal and Professional Practice
- Parent, Family, and Community Involvement
- Relationships with Children
- Observation and Guidance
- Environment and Curriculum
- Management and Supervision
Participating students are expected to attend the seminar as scheduled and on time, actively participate in all aspects of the seminar, and complete all required assignments for the seminar.