Cooperative Education: Business Experience Seminar
Course Number: BA 280B
Transcript Title: CE: Bus Experience - Sem
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: September 25, 2013
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 10
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: P-NP (default)
Instructor permission required
Supplements on-the-job experience through feedback sessions, instruction in job-related areas, and linkages to the student's on-campus program. Co-requisite: BA 280A Prerequisite: Instructor permission required.
The learning outcomes will be demonstrated by the achievement of proficiency in these performance tasks:
- Prepare a portfolio for job seeking.
- Use acquired job skills in the work place.
- Write a job description for the job they wish to fill in the field.
- Write a job description for the job they wish to fill in the field experience.
- Write a resume.
- Write learning objectives for their own field experience plan.
- Develop time line for completion of objectives.
- Learn to deal with problems at work.
- Learn better time management.
- Learn how to improve their job interview skills.
- Learn how to deal with stress which may be encountered in a given field experience.
- Evaluate how the field experience relates to one's personal assessment of career choice.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Evaluation will be based on performance in class seminar components of the course. The class seminar evaluation will be made by the coordinator/instructor based on student reports, class participation and other special assignments. Credit will be issued as Pass/No Pass rather than as a letter grade. Evaluation procedures will be discussed during the first two weeks of the seminar class.
Course Activities and Design
Seminar meetings in which task performance activities are presented and discussed as they relate to the student's current on-the-job experiences.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Provides classroom, lecture and assignment activities coordinated with work experience activities. The seminar supplements the on-the-job experience through feedback sessions, instruction in job-related areas and linkages to the student's on-campus program. Instructor permission required.
- Seminar is in discussion format. It coordinates the on-the-job training to provide insight into various issues related to the student's job performance.
- This course may be used as an elective or requirement for certain Associate of Applied Science degrees in the business discipline.
- This is designed to provide a coordinated, supervised transition from course related business training to on-the-job performance.