Skip to Content

Transfer Credits

Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) will accept transfer credits that meet these standards.

Traditional Credit Standards

  • Coursework must be completed at a regionally-accredited institution.
  • CGCC will evaluate Lower Division Collegiate (LDC) coursework.
  • Career Technical Education coursework may be transferred upon departmental approval.
  • Grades of C (including C-) or better.
  • P and S grades are only transferrable when the issuing institution defines the grade as C (including C-) or better.
  • Non-degree seeking students' prior coursework is transferred only when needed to satisfy CGCC standard prerequisites, as well as commonly used preparatory coursework in other subject areas (e.g. Biology).

Non-Traditional Credit Standards

Make an appointment with a CGCC advisor to complete a Non-Traditional Credits form and submit payment. 

  • You must have an established transcript (one college credit) at CGCC.
  • A maximum of 45 credits of non-traditional credit (AP, CLEP and Military, non-accredited coursework) may be granted.
  • Non-traditional credit may not be used to establish CGCC's residency requirement.
  • Only those subject areas taught by CGCC will be considered.

Transfer Credit Evaluation Process

CGCC accepts college-level credits earned at colleges and universities that are accredited by regional accrediting associations.

  1. Send transcripts from other institutions to:
    Columbia Gorge Community College
    400 East Scenic Drive
    The Dalles, OR 97058-3434
  2. Transfer credits will be evaluated once you have earned at least one credit.
  3. Only credits specific to your declared major will be evaluated.
  4. If you plan to graduate with a degree or certificate other than your declared major, please file a graduation petition.