Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) will accept transfer credits that meet these standards.
Traditional Credit Standards
- Coursework must be completed at a regionally-accredited institution.
- CGCC will evaluate Lower Division Collegiate (LDC) coursework.
- Career Technical Education coursework may be transferred upon departmental approval.
- Grades of C (including C-) or better.
- P and S grades are only transferrable when the issuing institution defines the grade as C (including C-) or better.
- Non-degree seeking students' prior coursework is transferred only when needed to satisfy CGCC standard prerequisites, as well as commonly used preparatory coursework in other subject areas (e.g. Biology).
Non-Traditional Credit Standards
- You must have an established transcript (one college credit) at CGCC.
- A maximum of 45 credits of non-traditional credit (AP, CLEP and Military, non-accredited coursework) may be granted.
- Non-traditional credit may not be used to establish CGCC's residency requirement.
- Only those subject areas taught by CGCC will be considered.
Transfer Credit Evaluation Process
CGCC accepts college-level credits earned at colleges and universities that are accredited by regional accrediting associations.
- Send transcripts from other institutions to:
Columbia Gorge Community College
400 East Scenic Drive
The Dalles, OR 97058-3434
- Transfer credits will be evaluated once you have earned at least one credit.
- Only credits specific to your declared major will be evaluated.
- If you plan to graduate with a degree or certificate other than your declared major, please file a graduation petition.