Course Number: PE 185K
Transcript Title: Ultimate Frisbee
Created: June 3, 2013
Updated: August 4, 2015
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lecture / Lab Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 30
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F (default), P-NP, audit
Repeats available for credit: 2
Provides instruction in skills, drills and game play for the game of Ultimate Frisbee. Students will learn the rules, strategy team play as well as concept of team organization. Audit available.
- Throw the disc.
- Continue to improve lifelong fitness skills.
- Apply the value and benefits of Ultimate Frisbee.
- Use game terminology.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Performance based skills assessment.
Course Activities and Design
Drills, throwing, mock game play, game play, quizzes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Perform the varied types of throws in practice and in game.
- Run specific plays and formations in practice and game.
- Use game terminology in practice and game situations.
- Answer terminology questions in quizzes.
Each student provides appropriate sport clothing for activity. Sport shoes or rubber cleats required for activity.