Course Number: CAS 109
Transcript Title: Digital Presentations
Created: September 1, 2012
Updated: July 10, 2015
Total Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lecture / Lab Hours: 20
Lab Hours: 0
Satisfies Cultural Literacy requirement: No
Satisfies General Education requirement: No
Grading options: A-F, P-NP (default), audit
Repeats available for credit: 0
Approved delivery mode:
CAS 121 or equivalent typing skills
Introduces the fundamentals of digital presentations. Covers creating and modifying presentations, customizing color schemes, adding graphics, animations, transitions, and designs. Introduces basic design principles for digital presentations. Prerequisites: CAS 121 or equivalent typing skills. Audit available.
Upon successful completion of this course, student will be able to:
- Use digital presentation software to create personal and/or business digital presentations.
- Use critical thinking skills to independently design and create digital presentations.
- Apply basic design principles to digital presentations.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessments may include: open-ended assignments, journal reflections, self-assessment, professional plan, group projects, and assignments.
Course Activities and Design
Activities may include: group discussions, reflections, quizzes, key terms and assignments, observations, portfolio work collection, final exam, and individual/group report assignment.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
- Presentation vocabulary
- Design issues and best practices
- Audience considerations
- Create multiple slide presentations, re-arrange and manipulate multiple slides.
- Views such as normal, slide master, outline, slide sorter, and slide show.
- Layouts and placeholders.
- Bullets and fonts.
- Animations and transitions.
- Assess the presentation for accuracy, readability, appearance, and consistency.
- Insert and manipulate clip art, other pictures and sounds.
- Spell check and proofreading.
- Handouts and notes.
- Audience identification and feedback.