Skip to Content

Health, Safety and Nutrition

As a parent, the health and safety of your children is your top priority.

Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)

Provides reimbursement for nutritious meals and snacks served to eligible children in child care centers, family day care homes, schools.

Healthy Children

American Academy of Pediatrics

Hood River County Public Health

Hood River County Health Department
1109 June Street, Hood River, OR 97031
(541) 386-1115

Oregon Poison Control Center

Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239
Poison Emergencies & Information: 1-800-222-1222
Poisonous Plants
Educational Materials Requests: (503) 494-7799
Administrative Office: (503) 494-8600

Parent Guide for DHS Child Care

How to find and pay for the right child care for your children while you work. Information about recognizing and reporting child abuse and getting your children immunized.