2015 Phi Theta Kappa Regional Awards
We are pleased to announce the awards the Alpha Sigma Xi Chapter earned this year. It is an honor to recognize Phi Theta Kappa for their hard work over. The CGCC Student Leaders, specifically Phi Theta Kappa, strive for academic excellence, scholastic inquiry and positive recognition.
Cara Krueger, outgoing Chapter President, and Michelle Cochran just got back from Orem, Utah over the weekend. They were able to celebrate the achievements of the chapters in the Rocky Mountain Cascade Region, as well as our local chapter accomplishments. The Alpha Sigma Xi Chapter is one of 25 in our region. The chapters are in Oregon, Idaho and Utah.
Here is the list of awards the Alpha Sigma Chapter brought home:
- Distinguished Honors in Action Project: Prosthetics (Past, Present and Future)
- Distinguished Honors in Action Theme (Theme 7: Health and Medicine as Frontiers): 2nd in the Region!
- Distinguished Chapter- 7th in the Region!
- Distinguished Chapter Officer Team
- Distinguished Chapter Officer (Cara Krueger, Chapter President)
- Most Distinguished Chapter Member (Christy Reichert)
- Most Distinguished Paragon Award Advisor (Michelle Cochran)
- Horizon Award for Advisors (Michelle Cochran)
- 5 Star Chapter
The Alpha Sigma Xi Chapter at CGCC will be represented on the Rocky Mountain Cascade Regional Team by Cara Krueger during the 2015-16 school year. She was elected to serve as the RMC Regional Vice President this weekend.