Have you thought about joining a club or organization but do not know where to start? You have come to the right place. Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) has many different clubs and organizations to choose from. Getting involved in campus activities has many benefits.
Reasons to be Involved
- You meet people. You have the opportunity to meet new people and make friends. When you are involved in a club/organization, you have already found something in common with other members.
- Creating connections. You will connect with other students on campus as well as faculty and staff.
- Build your resume. Involvement in student life will help you build your resume. Employers look for well rounded individuals. Whether you are an active member of a club/organization, take a leadership position or plan events, any involvements will look good on your resume.
- Time management. Sometimes when you are busy, it requires you to become more organized. This may lead to better time management and success in your classes as well as other aspects of your life.
- It's FUN. It's pretty simple. You get a break from focusing on classes and a chance to have fun. Whether it is playing games, planning a BBQ, leadership training or even traveling, you can't go wrong with being involved in CGCC Student Life.