Starting a Business
Start-up firms and expanding small businesses are two of the most important resources of jobs and career opportunities for Oregonians. Whether you are in a start-up phase or expanding, the Small Business Development Center can help you.
Before You Begin Your Business, Do You Have...?
Have knowledge pertaining to the business you plan to enter.
Have experience in managing people and finance.
Do your homework. Time spent planning is time well spent.
This is essential! If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Know how you will reach your customers. Determine why they will buy from you.
Explain how you plan to finance the business. Describe sources and use of funds.
Select your business structure
Determine if you will be a sole proprietor, partnership, corporation, or other entity. Do your research. This is both a legal and tax issue.
Check licensing requirements
Many occupations and business operations require special licenses, permits, or certifications from state agencies or boards.
- Bplans: Business Planning Resources
- Innovate and Create (Business Oregon)
- My Own Business
- Oregon Secretary of State: Business
- Site a New Business in The City of Cascade Locks (MCEDD)
- Site a New Business in The Dalles (MCEDD)
- Site a New Business in the City of Hood River (MCEDD)
- Site a New Bsinesss in Unincorporated Hood River County (MCEDD)
- Site a New Business in Unincorporated Wasco County (MCEDD)
- Starting a New Business in Oregon (Oregon Secretary of State)