30.B - Student Activities, Community Engagement and Leadership
Board Policy Code:
Student activities, leadership, and community engagement at Columbia Gorge Community College provides students with opportunities to experience social, cultural, emotional, leadership and recreational activities, and are considered an integral part of the total educational experience. Students are encouraged to participate in campus sponsored activities and organizations which serve to create relationships between the academic and co-curricular experiences. Student participation in leadership and community engagement supports personal development, intellectual exploration, global citizenship and a positive campus climate.
Students have opportunities to be actively engaged in college governance by participating in college recognized organizations.
Related Administrative Rules and Operating Procedures
- AR 030.002.000 - Campus Clubs
- AR 030.003.000 - Student Leadership Organizations
- AR 030.028.000 - Associated Student Government Election Selection Process
- AR Co-Curricular Programs/Organizations
- OP for Student Fundraising Activities/Student Activity Funds