Company: Washington Gorge Action Programs
Wage / Salary: 12 / hr
The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance to clients in obtaining information and resources necessary to aid in their recovery process. The position involves effectively presenting information and responding to questions from individuals, clients, groups, and the general public. The Program Coordinator/Advocate will assist the Department Director with social change efforts. All tasks will be performed in a safe and courteous manner consistent with all agency policies and state and federal law.
- Knowledge of regulations regarding the operation of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and/or general Crime Victims programs.
- Knowledge of grant requirements and policy constraints regarding programs.
- Knowledge of rules, procedures, and operations to complete a variety of interrelated assignments.
- Knowledge of how to select pertinent information and apply it to situations/problems requiring abstract solutions.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Computer skills including Data Entry, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- A High School Diploma AND two years experience or any equivalent combination of education, job training, and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position requirements.
- Must be able to relate in a positive manner to survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and general crime.
- Current valid Driver’s License and Insurance.
- Washington State Criminal Background Check.
- First Aid, CPR cards with Infant / Child CPR (can be acquired within 6 months of hire)
- HIV/AIDS training card (can be acquired within 6 months of hire).
To apply please email or mail resume to:
- Leslie Naramore
- 1250 E. Steuben St., Bingen, WA 98605