Forestry Technician - Trails Supervisor
Company: US Forest Service
Wage / Salary: 34000 / yr
This posting is an Outreach only to determine interest in applying. If interested see contact information below.
Supervises crew of 3 and volunteers to maintain and build recreation trails in the Columbia River Gorge. Stationed out of Cascade Locks, OR. Also responsible for chainsaw and crosscut saw operation, recordkeeping, data recording, and assistance with developed recreation sites
Salary $34,000-42,000/year DOE
- Database input
- Fee collections
- Issuing violation notices
- Trail maintenance
- Ability to provide administrative and technicial supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit.
- Effective communication skills in coordinating completion of projects with a variety of groups, and personnel.
- Knowledge of forestry methods and techniques involving a variety of trails work in support of the unit recreation programs.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines; to use and maintain primitive tools such as crosscut saws, axes, etc.; and skill in operation and maintenance of chain saws, and assorted power tools.
- Knowledge of forestry recreation operations, maintenance, regulations, and procedures as it relates to trail maintenance or construction/reconstruction projects.
- Skill in maintaining written records; basic knowledge of laws and regulations regarding trails and recreation use; and skill in enforcing these laws and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of construction contract inspection and administration.
- Knowledge of supervision and personnel practices and procedures in order to carry out responsibilities and to plan/integrate work schedules to meet unit needs.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices related to program and workforce planning, supervision and training of employees to promote a well-trained and qualified workforce.
This is an Outreach only to determine interest in the eventual job advertisement. If interested, please see the attached document for more information.
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, status as a parent (in education and training programs and activities), because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or retaliation. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs or activities.)
If you require this information in alternative format (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.), contact the USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (Voice or TDD).
If you require information about this program, activity, or facility in a language other than English, contact the agency office responsible for the program or activity, or any USDA office.
To file a complaint alleging discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, or call toll free, (866) 632-9992 (Voice). TDD users can contact USDA through local relay or the Federal relay at (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
You may use USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Forms AD-3027 or AD-3027s (Spanish) which can be found at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and http://www.ascr.usda.gov/es_us/sp_complaint_filing_cust.html or upon request from a local USDA office.