Census Takers (Enumerators)
Company: U.S. Census Bureau
Compensation: $14.50 per hour
Data Collection Position
- Use automated devices to conduct job activities.
- Review assigned work to locate households for verifying addresses and/or conducting interviews,
- Conduct interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws. Explain the purpose of the census interview, answer respondent’s questions, collect information following a script, and record census date using electronic devices and/or paper forms.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions.
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.