Company: Trout Lake Farm
Trout Lake Farm is currently recruiting for an experienced Farm Supervisor to join our Farm team. If you are an organized, self-driven, enthusiastic team player with farm supervisory experience, we want to talk to you! This position is located in the heart of the Columbia Gorge in Trout Lake, Washington.
Trout Lake Farm is committed to flexible work schedules; however, during the farm season additional hours will be required (average of 50-60 hours up to 80 hours weekly).
This position will be primarily working in the field under extreme weather conditions. Company truck will be provided.
- Profit share/Incentive Program
- Competitive Health Package (medical/dental/vision/Rx/life/ADD/Short Term Disability)
- Generous time-off package (vacation/sick/paid holidays)
- 401(k) with employer match and Retirement Contributions
- Cell phone stipend
- Fun, casual, family-friendly workplace
- Beautiful rural setting with great recreation opportunities right out the door
The Farm Supervisor is responsible for profitably producing crops by efficiently supervising people and farming processes, while ensuring a safe workplace and documenting activities and crop production.
- Manage farming activities and processes including drying, root washing, irrigation, and equipment operation to ensure optimal production standards are achieved. Write, maintain and update farm Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- Hire, supervise and coordinate work of tractor drivers, irrigators, harvest workers and post-harvest workers
- Monitor worker productivity and quality; Provide coaching, training, evaluations, discipline to optimize worker job performance and farm results
- Lead safety meetings and safety trainings
- Coordinate setup and adjustment of farm machinery to efficiently perform necessary tasks; train personnel in their use
- Create, modify, utilize and input forms for farm data including dryer records, harvest records, field application records, purchase records, compost records; Arrange for translations into Spanish when necessary.
- Perform yearly soil, water and compost testing based on management directive and direct results to Farm Manager and QA. Observe crop conditions, pests and disease activity and report observations to Farm Manager.
- Coordinates work schedules for irrigation, harvest, root washing, and drying are in place to ensure optimal product yields and quality. Coordinates work activities within the team including communication of daily high priority projects for weeding crews and farm maintenance shop.
- Ensures special projects and assignments are carried out appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures administrative duties such as time keeping, job costing reports etc. are completed and submitted to HR/Payroll in a timely manner.
- Fills in for other crew leaders and team members, including the Farm Manager position as needed
- Complete accident investigations and required documentation in a timely manner
- Maintains records necessary for FRA, OSHA, and all regulatory safety compliance.
- Assists Farm Manager with resolution of daily work flow and day to day issues
- Ensures new employees and temporary staff are properly onboarded and required training is completed and documented as required
- Ensures employees have necessary supplies available when needed.
- Other job duties as assigned and related work as required to maximize productivity of work area.
- Associates Degree or equivalent agricultural experience in a supervisory role
- 10 years of agricultural or farming experience in a lead or supervisory position highly preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience operating farm equipment
- Valid driver’s license
- Leadership skills to include the ability to lead and direct the work of others, organize teams and plan and prioritize the work of self and others to drive results
- Well-organized and ability to effectively prioritize conflicting tasks/projects
- Ability to make decisions and act independently
- Willingness to pursue continuous improvement and offer solutions to problems and issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead and proactively communicate with individuals throughout the company in a cooperative, constructive and positive manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
Trout Lake Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer