Company: Trout Lake Farm
About Trout Lake Farm:
Our farm grows, harvests, and mills organic herbs which are distributed world‐wide and used in a variety of products such as teas, tinctures, and nutritional supplements to name a few. The employees here work closely and cohesively in a relatively laid‐back atmosphere. Trout Lake Farm offers employees a competitive benefit package including: comprehensive health coverage, generous retirement and 401K package, annual performance incentives, vacation, sick, and holidays.
Trout Lake Farm is looking for someone to join our Farm team who is committed to fulfilling Our Mission of providing high‐quality, cost‐competitive Certified Organic botanicals through ecologically and socially responsible farming practices.
About the Position:
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Farm Administrator to join our Farm team. If you are an organized, self-driven, enthusiastic team player with farm and/or administrative experience, we want to talk to you! This position is located in the heart of the Columbia Gorge in Trout Lake, Washington. Trout Lake Farm is committed to flexible work schedules; however, during the farm season additional hours may be required.
- Profit share/Incentive Program
- Competitive Health Package (medical/dental/vision/Rx/life/ADD/Short Term Disability)
- Generous time-off package (vacation/sick/paid holidays)
- 401(k) with employer match and Retirement Contributions
- Fun, casual, family-friendly workplace
- Beautiful rural setting with great recreation opportunities right out the door
The Farm Administrator is responsible for ensuring that written procedures and documentation are maintained to meet GAP and FRA requirements. The Administrator is responsible for conducting new hire training and orientation as well as required safety training and ensure proper documentation is maintained. The Administrator also maintains all timekeeping and job costing records and ensures timely submission to payroll. This position is also responsible for coordinating with the Farm Labor Supervisor to ensure adequate resources and needed tools and equipment are available.
- Ensures safety of self and others by following established safety procedures.
- Maintains records necessary for FRA, OSHA, and all regulatory safety compliance.
- Ensures established GMP’s are followed to ensure food safety, product quality, and integrity.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with Document Control standards to ensure compliance with GAP and other regulatory requirement and able to explain to internal/external auditors.
- Ensures complete and accurate data entry and documentation for safety, GAP, as well as harvest records, field application records, and planting records, to ensure traceability of all lots.
- Responsible for water testing and compiling records for compost testing.
- Ensures accurate timekeeping records are kept and submitted to payroll in a timely manner.
- Responsible for order of equipment and supplies for field crews.
- Assists with the onboarding process and ensures required documentation and training is completed.
- Responsible for completing accident reports and investigations and transports employees to medical facilities as needed.
- Maintains records necessary for organic certification.
- Responsible for reporting any non-compliance issues to Farm Manager in a timely manner.
- Requirements for following instructions or processes
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred
- Previous administrative experience required
- Farm operations experience desired, preferably in an administrative/supervisory role
- Polished verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and able to effectively prioritize conflicting task/projects
- Solid technical abilities with proficiency in Microsoft Office required
Applicants may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to via email: TroutLakeFarmJobs@amway.com
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
Trout Lake Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.