Accounting Specialist I – Accounts Receivable & Payroll
Company: Trout Lake Farm
About Trout Lake Farm:
Our farm grows, harvests, and mills organic herbs which are distributed worldwide and used in a variety of products such as teas, tinctures, and nutritional supplements. The employees here work closely and cohesively in a relatively laid‐back atmosphere. Trout Lake Farm offers employees a competitive benefit package including: comprehensive health coverage, generous retirement and 401K package, annual performance incentives, vacation, sick, and holidays.
Trout Lake Farm is seeking a qualified candidate who is committed to fulfilling Our Mission of providing high‐quality, cost‐competitive Certified Organic botanicals through ecologically and socially responsible farming practices.
About the Position:
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Accounting Specialist position to join our Finance team. If you are an organized, self-driven, enthusiastic team player with Accounting education and/or experience, we encourage you to apply. This position is located in Trout Lake, Washington. Trout Lake Farm is committed to flexible work schedules, however additional hours may be required periodically throughout busier times of year and to support critical deadlines.
- Profit share/Incentive Program
- Competitive Healthcare Package (medical/dental/vision/Rx/life/ADD/short term disability/health incentive program/employer-sponsored HSA contribution)
- Generous time-off package (vacation/sick/11 paid holidays)
- 401(k) with employer matched retirement contributions
- Flexible schedule
- Payroll process, including: compilation of hours/ensuring timecard accuracy, bi-weekly payroll process using ADP Workforce Now, coordination with third party payroll provider, job costing, payroll taxes, other deductions (401k and voluntary benefits, garnishments, etc.), employee reimbursements, and communication between Trout Lake Farm and benefit providers
- Research and address payroll discrepancies, and problem solve payroll system improvements with stakeholders and ADP Client Representatives
- Accounts Receivable and past due account collection
- Banking duties including initiating wire payments, account reconciliation support, and providing data for cash flow projections
- Provide Inventory Control support and/or backup
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Month-end general ledger journal entries related to payroll, job costing, accruals, cash, accounts receivable, etc.
- Preparation of financial statements, schedules and reports for internal and external use
- Regularly assess systems and identify areas for improvement. Conduct research and coordinate projects to reduce cost and improve efficiencies.
- Partners and provides necessary support detail to internal and external clients
- Responsible for the adherence to and communication of applicable financial controls and policies
- Provide additional reporting and analysis as needed, and other Finance/Accounting duties as assigned
- Associate degree or higher in Finance, Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and written procedures
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Flexibility, willingness to learn new skills, and ability to work collaboratively with other staff
- This position requires a high level of ethical behavior in handling confidential information and adhering to established policies in accordance with GAAP/FASB/GAO/Amway standards and regulatory requirements
- Polished verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and able to effectively prioritize conflicting tasks/projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates whose experience, as described in their resume and cover letter, most closely matches the qualifications and requested skills of this position will be invited to an interview.
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
Trout Lake Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.