Public Services Assistant
Company: Stevenson Community Library
Compensation: $13.72 per hour
Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries is seeking qualified applicants for Public Services Assistant (PSA) positions at Stevenson Community Library. This is a great opportunity for individuals who have a passion for working with the public and want to make a positive impact in their communities. The primary responsibilities of a Public Services Assistant are assisting with patrons and books in the library branches. A typical day could include these tasks:
The position schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 am–5 pm.
The full job description is available one the Work for FVRL page of the Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries website: www.fvrl.org/work-fvrl
The compensation for this position begins at $13.72 per hour with an excellent benefits package including health insurance, life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment benefits; short term and long term disability benefits; Washington State PERS retirement; and paid time off.
The primary responsibility of a Public Services Assistant is assisting with patrons and books in the library branches. A typical day could include:
- Assisting patrons on the phone and in person with questions regarding library services and technology
- Creating or updating patron accounts
- Shelving materials
- Checking materials in and out
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and have strong customer service skills and great attention to detail.
This position requires these physical abilities frequently:\
- Lifting up to 35 pounds
- Pushing and pulling book carts and book return bins on wheels
- Bending, kneeling, and reaching to shelve books
- Standing for extended periods of time
To be considered, applicants must have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Six months or more of customer service experience
- Please view the position description for a more detailed list of job duties and requirements.
To apply, please complete the FVRL Application for Employment (PDF) and submit a signed copy along with a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline listed.
- Application deadline: September 3, 2019
- PSA orientation and assessment: September 13, 2019
- Interviews: September 19, 2019
Please send questions to email@example.com or call 360-906-5070