Company: PHC Northwest
Wage / Salary: 29000 / yr
Compensation: Salary: DOE ($29,000- $33,000 per year) • Benefits package: medical, dental, life insurance, retirement 403b, mileage reimbursement, and paid vacation.
Portland Habilitation Center Northwest (PHCNW) is a mission-driven, 501(C)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Portland, OR, which trains and employs persons with disabilities. We do this by managing business lines which include service contracts in janitorial, landscaping, administrative, and industrial services. PHCNW employs over 700 individuals. Our overarching goal is to foster independence for all employees.
Position available to manage the Hood River/Bingen area.
PHC has an immediate opening for 1 Janitorial Supervisor to monitor janitorial operations in the Hood River OR/Bingen WA area. PHC provides janitorial services to approximately 12 accounts in this area, split between Hood River and Bingen. This is a full-time, salaried position which will require the Supervisor to work Monday-Friday, swing shift hours (approximately 5 pm - 1 am). This role involves skill sets in: front-line management, driving, walking, visual inspecting, budgeting, verbal/written communication, organization, etc. Supervisors must have access to a personal vehicle to drive between the different accounts on a daily basis (with mileage reimbursement).
PHC is willing to consider candidates who poses the above mentioned business management skill sets, but may not have janitorial experience. PHC is willing to work with candidates who are motivated to learn the trade.
- Provide direct support and training for the janitorial staff.
- Maintain communication among customers, management, and support staff.
- Conduct site inspections to ensure quality standards are met.
- Occasionally lift, carry, load up to 50lbs, when replenishing janitorial supplies.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Complete reports and other paperwork as required.
- Attend relevant meetings.
- Respond to customer complaints and concerns.
- Develop and implement work schedules.
- Maintain supply levels at the worksite.
- Resolve worksite conflicts.
- Ensure that the Project Manager is keep informed at all times.
- Have the ability to function within and apply budget constraints (FTE’s and supplies).
- Carry a pager 24/7 (except prearranged situations, such as vacations).
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and are able to provide proof (US Passport or birth certificate).
- 5 years combination education, management experience, or janitorial operations.
- Must have a flexible schedule, could possibly be working outside of normal work hours and weekends on special occasions.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills required.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Familiar with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle, clean driving record, and insurance acceptable to PHC’s terms.
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred, but not required.
Tom Reed, Recruiter
(503) 445-7144 - Office
(971) 344-3162 - Cell
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements:
PHC Northwest is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job.