Claims Specialist (Business & Employment Specialist 1)
Company: Oregon Employment Department
Wage / Salary: 35880 / yr
JOIN OUR TEAM! We are hiring weekly!
We are looking for proactive learners who are dedicated and compassionate individuals to fill multiple limited duration Claims Specialist assignments in Wilsonville. Your work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM through training. After training, your schedule will be Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7AM – 6PM and will be determined based on business need.
These are limited duration assignments currently funded through June 30, 2021. Limited duration appointments are regular status and benefits eligible. These positions may be extended beyond this date if continued funding is approved in the future.
Every employee at the Employment Department is passionate about serving Oregonians and Oregon businesses. If you feel inspired and motivated by our mission, vision, and values, we invite you to join us in exceeding our customers’ expectations!
Our mission: to support business and promote employment. We do this by providing stability for Oregonians and communities during times of unemployment, by helping businesses find great workers and job seekers find employment, and by providing workforce and economic information to promote informed decision making.
Our vision: an Oregon where meaningful work enables the state’s diverse people and businesses to realize their full potential, creating prosperity in every community.
Our values: Integrity - We are trusted to keep our word, always acting with honesty and courage. Respect - We value diverse perspectives, assume good intent, and act with compassion. Community - We foster a sense of belonging for our employees, partners, and customers, creating positive impacts where we live and work.
What will you be doing:
You will provide support to assist a high volume of customers (claimants/employers) via telephone, email, and/or computer software systems. Provide unemployment insurance benefits to eligible unemployed Oregonians by processing unemployment insurance benefit claims and assisting claimants and employers with the unemployment insurance benefit process. This requires responsibility, multi-tasking, customer focus, willingness to learn, adaptability and resilience, and working with information to process unemployment insurance benefits for unemployed Oregonians. As a Claims Specialist, you should thrive in an environment with a high volume of diverse customers and have the ability to balance the quality of service provided with the quantity of customers or work in the queue.
What’s in it for you?
- A workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment, and encourages learning and mentoring.
- An inclusive and fair work environment where employees feel valued and supported in reaching their full potential.
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment with colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
What we are looking for!
- Responsibility: Demonstrated responsibility for your own actions and a commitment to performing assigned tasks. Ability to comply with requirements regarding sensitive and confidential data.
- Multi-tasking: Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously and enthusiastically, deliver high quality work on time, and remain productive and calm in pressured environments.
- Willingness to Learn: Demonstrated ability of being open to new experiences, seeking both positive and negative feedback, looking back on past experiences and considering alternate courses of action, and finding patterns and order in complex information.
- Customer Focus: Ability to professionally interact with a high volume of diverse customers providing service that exceeds the customers’ expectations.
- Adaptability and Resilience: Ability to be comfortable with changing or uncertain environments. Ability to remain professional, calm and adapt communication style with diverse customer needs or customers that are frustrated, upset or critical.
- Working with Information: Ability to efficiently and effectively use data, critical thinking, and analytical reasoning to gather information and apply laws, rules and polices to solve problems and make decisions.
- Commitment to valuing diversity and promoting inclusion
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of two years of full-time heavy public-contact experience asking people for information, making notes, and deciding an action based on the information. (Examples of qualifying experience are eligibility interviewer, application examiner, employment and claims aide, examination proctor, information clerk, insurance aide, public counter intake person, or retail industry if it involved the above stated experience.) OR
- Two years of education or experience. Listed above are examples of acceptable experience. 45-quarter (30-semester) college-level credits in Human Resources, Vocational or Career Counseling, Social Services, Psychology, Education, Business or Public Administration, Communication or related field substitute for one year of experience.
If you have questions about the job announcement or need an alternate format to apply, please contact us at 503-947-1289; OEDHR.OED_INFO_OEDHR@oregon.gov. Please be sure to include the job announcement number.
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to maintain a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, or status as a victim of domestic violence, harassment, sexual assault, or stalking. This policy applies to every aspect of our employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion, and training.