Columbia Gorge Express Visitor Information Specialist
Company: Oregon Dept. of Transportation
Wage / Salary: 13 /
Oregon Dept. of Transportation – Rail & Public Transit Division – Public Transit Section Columbia Gorge Express Visitor Service Representative ODOT17-0821oc – Rooster Rock State Park and Multnomah Falls
Come and join ODOT's Public Transit team to assist with the Columbia Gorge Express project!
We're looking for friendly outgoing individuals who can work independently to complete work in a timely fashion and who aren't afraid to take initiative to ask questions or get advice when needed.
The Columbia Gorge Express Visitor Services Representative will manage the day-to-day, on the ground, communication and visitor service functions at Rooster Rock State Park and Multnomah Falls parking lot. The person in these positions will provide information, answer questions related to the Columbia Gorge Express service, and communicate issues with bus operators, Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (ORPD), ODOT's Traffic Management Operations Center (TMOC) and maintenance staff. These are temporary seasonal assignments, expected to run from Memorial Day weekend to September, not to exceed 1040 hours, and are not regular status employees eligible for vacation, sick, personal or holiday leave.
The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) works to provide a safe, efficient transportation system that supports economic opportunity and livable communities for Oregonians.
These temporary seasonal assignments are with the Rail and Public Transit Division (RPTD). Public Transit subdivision supports a safe, efficient and sustainable transportation system that enhances Oregon's quality of life and economic vitality.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because it is best for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
These seasonal assignments are not represented by a union.
Per the state of Oregon Executive Order 17-07, these seasonal assignments are exempt from the hiring freeze. Postion open until filled.
- Explain and provide information on the Columbia River Gorge Express to the public.
- Communicate with bus drivers, OPRD, TMOC and maintenance staff.
- Keep track and report on any issues or opportunities for improvements.
- Ensure traffic is moving safely within the parking lot, monitor congestion, and communicate any traffic issues to TMOC or maintenance staff.
- Produce summary of the weekend activities to be shared at the staff operations and monitoring committee meetings.
- Ensure communication materials are up to date.
- Coordinate with ODOT staff and transit providers to ensure service is functioning as expected.
- Monitor site signs to ensure the signs are adequate and are meeting the needs of the transit riders.
- Assist with operations at the Multnomah Falls Parking lot as needed.
- Coordinate with OPRD staff to ensure that Rooster Rock State Park facilities are functioning as expected.
- Coordinate with project partners to assure transit if functioning as expected.
Preferred Attributes are:
- Independent self-starter.
- Friendly, outgoing, with excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and shift priorities as needed.
- Effectively communicate by email, phone, and in person with team members, stakeholders and customers.
- Clear and concise business writing.
- Tracking multiple assignments and projects.
ODOT Human Resources
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
ODOT is an EEO/AA employer committed to a diverse workforce!