Summer Student Worker
Company: Northern Wasco Co PUD
If you’ve been providing IT support to your parents on all the household electronic devices, you might be who we are looking for. The PUD IT team needs someone to staff the help desk for the summer, and we would like to take this opportunity to pilot a student worker program.
• Configure, install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain PCs, laptops, tablets, smart phones, multifunction printers and other peripheral devices?
• Connect devices to the LAN and wireless network?
• Answer end user inquiries via Service Desk system, phone, e-mail, or in-person concerning the use of telecom operating systems, hardware and software, peripheral devices and applications?
• Support users in the use of wireless access and secure web conferencing?
• Assist end-users and troubleshoot problems?
• Write procedures?
• Provide end user training on technology devices and software?
• Assist with security patch maintenance?
We are looking for a team member with these skills:
• Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, PC hardware, storage devices and peripherals, Microsoft Office Software
• Working knowledge of PC networking
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve workstation and application problems.
• Procedure writing
• Critical thinking
• MS Access skills preferred
• Effective communication, both verbal and written, with a diverse user group with varied needs and levels of expertise in the use of technology
• Able to work individually and in a team environment
• Able to perform software application administration functions and learn a variety of tools
• Able to guide, teach, and conduct training for end users
• Able to perform duties using appropriate safety practices
We know that a high school student (or early college student) may not have all the skills we’re looking for. But the great thing about a student worker program is that in exchange for helping us get some work done, we provide time and resources so that you learn more skills and gain experience (and get a pay check). Are you up for the challenge? Are you available 25-40 hours per week for the rest of the summer? (with some flexibility because hey, it’s summer vacation)
Email resume and brief cover letter to Cyndi-Gentry@nwascopud.org