Company: The Next Door
Compensation: $14.28 per hour
You enjoy working with the people in your community and being a supportive resource to help them succeed. You also enjoy being part of a cohesive team that supports and encourages one another.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Perform data entry and calendar management
- Run errands to post office and office supply store
- Answer calls from customers regarding their inquiries
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Maintain office appearance and supplies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be able to:
- Talk, hear, stand, walk, and reach
- Type, sitting or standing behind a computer, for several hours at a time
- Lift materials/equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Operate general office equipment
- Use laptop, cell phone and/or other mobile device to exchange information within remote travel areas
We are looking for someone who is reflective, respectful, intuitive, honest and self-motivated. We’re looking for someone who is able to connect and build trust with those you serve. We’re also looking for someone who is detail-oriented, organized, knows how to prioritize tasks and can work independently as well as part of a team.
- High School diploma or GED with 2-4 years demonstrated Administrative Assistant experience -OR-
- AA/AS degree in Business Administration with 1 year demonstrated Administrative Assistant experience
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with visitors and internal staff
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
The Next Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer, one that appreciates differences and creates opportunities for staff to interact with people who do not look like, talk like, think like, believe like, act like, or live like they do.