Multi-Discipline Building Inspector
Company: Multi-Discipline Building Inspector
Wage / Salary: 56700 / yr
This recruitment will be used to fill two positions. The positions will be in Salem, Coos Bay, or Pendleton, based on the successful candidates’ locations.
To protect and serve Oregon's consumers and workers while supporting a positive business climate.
The Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) is a progressive business regulatory state agency dedicated to the mission of protecting and serving Oregon's consumers and workers while supporting a positive business climate. The department administers state laws and rules governing workers' compensation, occupational safety and health, financial institutions, insurance companies and building codes. The department has consumer protection and education programs, offices, and ombudsmen to help consumers, injured workers, and businesses.
These positions are with the Building Codes Division (BCD). BCD adopts and enforces the statewide building code relating to the construction, reconstruction, alteration and repair of buildings and other structures and the installation of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical devices and equipment.
These positions are represented by the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees union (AFSCME).
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a productive and creative environment
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
- Advancement and learning opportunities that will help grow your career with the State of Oregon
- Live, work, and play in Salem, Pendleton, or Coos Bay
Here’s what you will do:
As a Multi-Discipline Building Inspector you will enforce the Statewide Building Code and adopted specialty codes and standards through inspection of all types of buildings; communicate code requirements to the public, contractors, and local officials; and investigate cases of non-compliance and report appropriately.
Here’s what you need to qualify:
Possession of all the following certifications:
- Oregon Inspector Certification (OIC)
- Oregon A-Level Structural Inspector Certification
- Oregon A-Level Mechanical Inspector Certification
- Oregon Residential Electrical Inspector Certification
- Oregon Residential Plumbing Inspector Certification
- Oregon Residential Structural Inspector Certification
Note: Successful candidates must obtain the required certifications within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to communicate technical requirements/procedures to non-technical customers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, occasionally with irate or upset individuals
Please ensure that you clearly demonstrate in your application materials that you meet the qualifications listed and that you follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you not being considered for the job.
For additional information you may contact us by e-mail at DCBS.Recruiting@oregon.gov or by phone at 503-378-3200.
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
DCBS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to workforce diversity, equity, and inclusion.