Part-Time Social Media and Content Contractor
Wage / Salary: 12000 / yr
The Mt. Hood and Columbia River Gorge Regional Tourism Alliance, managed by Clackamas County Tourism & Cultural Affairs, is seeking a part-time contractor to manage our social media channels, website content, and digital assets under the direction of the Regional Coordinator.
The Mt. Hood/Columbia River Gorge Region Tourism Alliance (MHCRGRTA) is the Regional Destination Management Organization for the Mt. Hood and Columbia Gorge region. There are four tourism DMO partners that make up MHCRGRTA:
- Clackamas County Tourism & Cultural Affairs, representing the east Clackamas County (Estacada, Sandy, Villages of Mt. Hood, Government Camp)
- Visit Hood River, representing all of Hood River County
- The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce, representing north Wasco County
- West Columbia Gorge Chamber of Commerce, representing east Multnomah County (Troutdale, Wood Village, Corbett, Cascade Locks)
Responsibilities for this contractor include:
- 5-7 posts on Instagram and Facebook a week
- Monitor and engage with users on Instagram and Facebook
- Manage social posts for special marketing campaigns, PSAs, etc.
- Monitor trends in social media and make recommendations for adoption of new tools, strategies and applications as appropriate
- Manage blog for the website
- Manage content calendar with regional partners. They write the stories each week, this person needs to send reminder emails, review blogs, edit as necessary to support unified voice, and post them to the website and on social media.
- Write 1 regional focused blog a month, or as needed for special campaigns
- Update website content, as necessary, as directed by the Regional Coordinator.
Digital Asset Management
- Organize digital asset library so things are tagged correctly and easy to find.
- As needed, research and compile current, historical, and relevant information related to specific content.
- Participate as necessary in tracking and reporting that is needed to measure the program and results.
- Duties related to content program implementation, as assigned by the RDMO regional coordinator staff.
Preference will be given to individuals/agencies that have previous knowledge/experience with the Mt. Hood and Columbia River Gorge region.
Preference will be given to experience and/or knowledge of incorporating destination management principles into consumer communications.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and a short writing/social media sample to email@example.com by September 16th, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Lizzie Keenan, firstname.lastname@example.org