Office Administrator / Accounting Support
Company: Inter-Fluve, Inc.
Inter-Fluve, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Office Administrator / Accounting Support role in our Hood River office, to provide office organization and support for our staff and front desk operations, in addition to supporting our accounting team. This will be a full-time position, Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
The ideal candidate is well-organized, resourceful, innovative, and pays great attention to detail. This person will be motivated, be a quick learner, and have a passion for customer service. The person will be able to juggle multiple tasks and work with a range of staff both in the Hood River office and across the country.
**About Inter-Fluve **
Inter-Fluve is a water resources engineering firm specializing in river restoration for over 34 years. Projects are located all over the U.S. and internationally and include fish habitat restoration and recovery, wetland restoration, dam removals, watershed planning, river bank stabilization, storm water planning, lake construction, restoration of fly-fishing streams, and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of outdoor-focused and self-starting professionals share their passion for nature through their service to clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement, and recovery solutions for degraded wetland, lake, riverine, and estuary environments. Throughout our history, our corporate focus has been to explore, question, and advance our craft from the knowledge and experience passed down from those who came before and that we gain through collaboration with others.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
Office Administrator job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer incoming phone calls in a professional and efficient manner; screen sales calls before passing them on to staff
- Front desk reception; meet and greet staff and clients in a professional manner
- Assist staff with timesheet submittals and expense receipt collection.
- Enter expenses from staff into our accounting system, Ajera
- Enter vendor invoices into our accounting system, Ajera
- Manage incoming resumes and job inquiries
- Enter client and contract information into our accounting system, Ajera
- Retrieve missing receipts
- Update the staff contacts/phone list and emergency contacts list, as needed
- Track staff schedules/calendar
- Order supplies for the office (including for kitchen and bathroom)
- Troubleshoot problems on computers and mobile devices
- Tidy the breakroom / kitchen area regularly (dishes in and out of dishwasher)
- Procure food for the breakroom / kitchen (grocery shopping and/or ordering refreshments)
- File checks and project folders / archive
- Create web pages using our fileshare online portal
- Create and change e-mail accounts using Gmail
- Coordinate and organize company events, such as annual staff gathering, monthly lunch meeting, client meetings, etc.
- Proof-read documents for staff
- Mail or ship special delivery large documents and field equipment
- Send and track contract documents
- Arrange service calls for the building
- Research equipment warranty issues and order replacements
- Keep track of all computers and office equipment
- Client invoicing & project administration
- Assist with report production and proposals
- Keep confidential information and maintain client information discretion when appropriate
- Assist staff with additional tasks as needed
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail
- Be vigilant about the office building and its security
- Make and/or change travel arrangements for the staff
- High School diploma or GED
- English language skills (speaking, writing, spelling, & grammar)
- Outstanding problem-solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on multiple assignments/deadlines while maintaining the highest level of accuracy and quality
- Good communicator with office staff and a professional manner with clients
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Technically savvy with electronics such as PCs, Macs, and mobile devices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), business accounting software, and cloud-based applications (e.g., Google Docs, Adobe, iPhone applications).
- Internet skills (resourceful in doing internet research)
- Travel arrangement capability (making and changing flight, hotel, and car rental reservations)
- Familiarity with information technology systems, data management, electronic file naming conventions, and printers
- Ability to accurately enter data & import information into accounting system
- Some lifting and/or moving of equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Car and valid driver’s license
**Additional Preferred Qualifications**
- Three (3) or more years office / administrative experience
- College degree in business or related field
- A/E industry, hospitality and/or customer-service experience
- Proficient with Deltek Ajera or other A/E accounting software
- Experience working on printers & other office equipment when necessary (troubleshooting, light maintenance)
Inter-Fluve, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, depending on experience, that includes paid time off, health plan, 401k with match and more. Work location is Hood River, Oregon.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest via email to email@example.com.
Heather Rogers Thompson
firstname.lastname@example.org | Direct 541-716-6875
501 Portway Avenue, Suite 101 | Hood River, OR 97031
Main Office 541-386-9003 | Fax 541-201-2919
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
Inter-Fluve is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.