Environmental CADD Specialist (Hood River, OR)
Company: Inter-Fluve, Inc.
Inter-Fluve, Inc. has an immediate full-time opening in our Hood River, Oregon office for a CADD (computer-aided design and drafting) specialist with proficiency working with AutoCAD Civil3D.
Inter-Fluve is a water resources engineering firm specializing in river restoration for over 34 years. Projects are located all over the U.S. and internationally and include fish habitat restoration and recovery, wetland restoration, dam removals, watershed planning, river bank stabilization, storm water planning, lake construction, restoration of fly-fishing streams, and other water-related projects.
Our dedicated team of outdoor-focused and self-starting professionals share their passion for nature through their service to clients. We apply a broad range of science and engineering skills to investigate and design restoration, enhancement, and recovery solutions for degraded wetland, lake, riverine, and estuary environments. Throughout our history, our corporate focus has been to explore, question, and advance our craft from the knowledge and experience passed down from those who came before and that we gain through collaboration with others.
Visit our website to learn more about our story at www.interfluve.com.
Inter-Fluve, Inc offers a competitive compensation package, depending on experience, that includes paid time off, health plan, 401k with match and more. Work location is Hood River, Oregon. Travel to project locations is anticipated.
Primary responsibilities will include processing and incorporation of survey data, development of digital terrain models, earthwork plans and calculations, development of engineering plans/drawings, CADD model illustrations, and other computer-generated graphics in support of water resources restoration and engineering of rivers, lakes and wetlands.
Applicant must have:
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and strong computer background and familiarity with common office applications.
- Proven track record of working with teams, working independently, being self-motivated, and meeting deadlines.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and ability to “see the big picture.”
- The ability to manage multiple competing tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to adhere to verbal and written instructions.
- Good communication and customer relationship skills.
**Additional Preferred Qualifications**
Successful applicants may also have one or more of the following:
- Two years of related experience.
- Familiarity with creating digital terrain models from topographic survey data, and manipulation of DTMs to represent proposed grading plans.
- Familiarity with use and analysis of LiDAR and Structure from Motion data is a plus.
- Experience with engineering and architecture plans and specifications (construction and permitting plans, drainage, grading, and excavation).
- The ability to travel to remote areas safely and effectively to undertake fieldwork.
- Familiarity with GIS, GPS, total station survey, GPS RTK survey.
- Familiarity with InDesign, or other landscape architecture style drawing software
- Background in science, particularly water resources, natural resources, geology, or biology.
**To Apply **
Please submit a resume and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a closing date of November 11, 2019.
501 Portway Avenue, Suite 101, Hood River, OR 97031
Main Office 541-386-9003
EEO & Affirmative Action Statements
Inter-Fluve is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.