Junior Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Wage / Salary: 40000 / yr
Company Overview: Integrated 3D™ LLC (i3D MFG™) is a 3D manufacturing company located in The Dalles, OR. We are looking for a select group of experienced, highly motivated, forward thinking individuals to join our expert team at the Pacific Northwest’s premier Powder Bed Fusion/Additive Manufacturing & Engineering facility.
Position Overview: The Junior Engineering is responsible for preparing CAD files for optimal manufacturing, production scheduling, hands-on operation of various shop machinery, administration of our quality system, maintenance and servicing of equipment. This role will also help develop operational procedures and policies to maintain an efficient, effective and high quality manufacturing environment. The right candidate must have experience working within a precision manufacturing environment with knowledge of set-up and operation of CNC equipment as well as general shop operating procedures. You must have sound technical knowledge, proven application of SolidWorks, understanding of quality and process control systems, willingness to set-up and operate shop equipment, excellent attention to detail, time management, troubleshooting skills and professional communication.
Benefits: Integrated 3D™ LLC offers a competitive benefit package that includes insurance, medical, retirement plans and vacation time.
- Using SolidWorks, prepare models for manufacturing on Integrated 3D™ LLC’s machines.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Design Engineers to optimize machine utilization.
- Manage workload and maintain a production schedule to ensure on-time delivery to our customers.
- Operation of Integrated 3D™ LLC’s equipment (including DMLM, wire EDM, & CMM).
- Perform mechanical preventative maintenance of the machines and facilities.
- Perform calibration of the equipment.
- Be part of the internal design team to aid Process R&D.
- Administer quality control system and create inspection reports.
- Part post-processing and workshop duties as needed.
- Ready customer jobs for shipping or delivery.
- Coordinate with Sales on availability, schedule and readiness of orders.
- Report to Management on utilization, job status, non-conformance, etc.
- Undergraduate Engineering degree or trade certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering design and best practices
- Basic understanding of Powder Bed Fusion process
- Working knowledge of CAD systems, specifically Solidworks, Magics, and Netfabb
- Quality or process qualifications would be beneficial
- Hands-on experience programming and operating precision CNC equipment
- Excellent hand tool, workshop skills required, good at working with your hands
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing industry is desirable
- Experience in using CMM machine
- Wire EDM operation is desirable
- Ability to perform FEA is desirable
- Work history demonstrating exposure to like industrial manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership ability
- Good time management and attention to detail is a must
- Excellent references from previous employers
- Ability to report to Integrated 3D™ LLC office in The Dalles, OR
- Clean Drug Test
- Clean record/background check
- Professional and timely verbal, written, and electronic communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- ISO 9000 knowledge
- SolidWorks Certification
- Project Management Certification
Please submit cover letters and resumes to:
3525 C Crates Way
The Dalles, Oregon 97058