Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Wage / Salary: 45000 / yr
Company Overview: Integrated 3D™ LLC (i3D MFG™) is a 3D manufacturing company located in The Dalles, OR. We are looking for a select group of experienced, highly motivated, forward thinking individuals to join our expert team at the Pacific Northwest’s premier Powder Bed Fusion/Additive Manufacturing & Engineering facility.
Position Overview: The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for reviewing and preparing CAD files for optimal manufacturing, production scheduling, hands-on operation of various Powder Bed Fusion (DMLM) and other shop machinery, administration of the Quality Assurance system, and maintenance and servicing of equipment. This roll also assists in developing operational procedures and policies to maintain an efficient, effective and high quality manufacturing environment. Good communication and customer service skills are a must as this position works closely with customers and other engineering groups in reviewing and preparing DMLM parts for production.
The right match for this job will have a strong mechanical aptitude, have proven experience in precision manufacturing and/or fabrication, including set-up and operation of CNC and milling machinery, proficient with hand tools, be self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail with a quality mind-set, be a pro-active non-procrastinator, and be flexible with scheduled hours. The best candidate will have sound technical knowledge and proven application of SolidWorks, understand quality and process controls, excellent attention to detail, good time management and troubleshooting skills and professional communication abilities.
- Proficient use of SolidWorks to analyze and prepare models for Powder Bed Fusion (DMLM) on i3D MFG™’s EOS M280 & M290 machines.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Design Engineers to optimize part production and machine efficiency.
- Manage shop workload and maintain a production schedule to ensure on-time delivery.
- Operation of i3D MFG™ Powder Bed Fusion (DMLM) machines, Wire EDM, Heat Treat, and other shop equipment.
- Contribute to and facilitate internal design team to aid in Process R&D.
- Administer quality control system and create inspection reports.
- Coordinate with Sales on availability, schedule, design optimization and readiness of orders.
- Report to Management on utilization, job status, non-conformance, etc.
- General shop duties to facilitate the production of DMLM parts including: DMLM machine set-up, powder sieving, DMLM machine clean-out, material changes, heat treating, part removal using EDM and finishing work utilizing CNC/manual milling and or hand tools.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions.
- Assist the Operations Manager to develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to ensure conformance and quality of in-process parts.
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing.
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the i3D MFG™ Quality System.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent, Additive Manufacturing focus preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering design and best practices
- 5+ years SolidWorks experience or SolidWorks proficiency
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing industry desirable
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
- Ability to perform FEA desirable
- Follow direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with co-workers.
- Good understanding and ability to read prints and schematics
- Ability to use and understand test/measurement equipment including CMM, calipers, height gauges, etc.
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Excellent references from previous employers
- Ability to report to i3D MFG™ office in The Dalles, OR
- Clean Drug Test
- Clean record/background check
- Professional and timely verbal, written, and electronic communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid Modeling Proficiency
- Project Management Certification
- CNC programming experience
- Wire EDM experience
- Excellent hand tool, workshop skills desirable
- Experience in a regulated environment, such as ISO, AS, ITAR
Please submit cover letters and resumes to:
3525 C Crates Way
The Dalles, Oregon 97058